Re: Sneaking into a rokari mass / reading : your opinions

From: Jeff <richaje_at_pMcKaei3wZqvXK8xHjFW_4xJ1gq9KAoNK2hKYmCA5k3apWFdb3-eu_Zp5HHSVBsR8R9c>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:06:23 -0000

> With the readings and the chanting, Malkioni services remind me more of a
> Torah service at a synagogue than a church service.

I agree absolutely. As does Greg - we've had a tremendous amount of discussions regarding Third Age Malkionism in order to get ready for the Guide to Glorantha. Abiding Book Malkionism is a religion of the holy book.

One thing Greg and I have worked on for the last few years is getting the terminology of Malkionism right. Frankly, there were far too many terms that are misleading or have erroneous associations. Malkionism is not Christianity (or even a thinly veiled allegory for it) and the Gloranthan West is not Medieval Europe.

In a nutshell, the basic roles are Reader (someone who reads caste-appropriate prayers), Knower (someone who can interpret and apply the sacred grimoires), and Judges (someone who oversees the Readers and Knowers and keeps them on the true path).

Jeff