Wyter Speaker?

From: Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_qMkGjoiZGU5B0UY8I1Lfxj2Oygw8L3rmxYb2ZfhP1mA1X-5VQI1yejZUXCX_5mqB6n_>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:21:06 +0800

In Wyrms Footnotes #12, (cica 1981) Fazzur Wideread is stated as being:

"Human Male, a Tarsh rich Noble of education and master of the Light Action (a Lunar Battle Manual), Runelord of Yanafil Ta'arn'ils (Scarlet Scimitar subcult) and the Seven Mothers, Initiate of the Red Moon, Commander and Wyter Speaker of the Occupying Army, Govenor-General of Dragon Pass."

It is perfectly acceptable for some (significant) changes in terminology over the intervening 30 or so years, but what would be a "Wyter Speaker of the Occupying Army" be?

I have heard of the various Lunar Regiments having standards (or similar ?vexila?) which is equivalent to a Sartarite Tribal Wyters, but is there such a thing as an "occupying army" Wyter. Was there a lunar "invasion army" Wyter created in 1602 that was later converted to a "occupying army" wyter. I would presume its special powers slowly change from more aggressive/protective aids to protective/detection aids.

Following this, in 1625, when that Dara Happan builds the Temple to the Reaching Moon in Sartar, I would presume it would be further increase the power of this "Wyter" and link it / tie it to the land rather than a force/idea/project.

Couple more questions:

Does Sartar 'the geographical entity' have its own wyter? It must mustn't it?

Is it severely weaken by the 'Still wind' of the Sartar Rising?

There must be a ritual to transfer the Wyter Speaker from one person to another, it must be a real bummer when you go and get your wyter speaker killed (cf Last King of Sartar/Pharoah).

Prior to the Lunars Invading Sartar/Esrolia/Heortland they always seem to 'get there priests together', presumably to generate this 'wyter' for the whole project. Sort of like the Crusaders getting signoff from the Pope.

Kallyr has a personal tribal wyter and by lighting the Flame of Sartar she gets another layer of protection with the Sartar Wyter.

Thoughts?

Sean