Re: A lot of Kralorela questions

From: arun <keithnellist_at_vTUvexIVFb9lMY_Hc1hLJPzIIz6CVnD-_IQLSf-BRgoho269lux7j_wuxcAoFj_>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:41:18 -0000

> There's another reference to the twin mountains in Uz Lore - on the map
> of Uz Lore page 7, there's two peaks southeast of Genert's Garden and
> west southwest of the Kingdom of Enlightenment. Normally I would jump
> up and down and gloat about how it proves that the Mountain of Light is
> Diamond Mountain but Abzered could still be around distorting the geography.

Yes, I did look at that map and it could be evidence for Light Mountain being about where Diamond Mountain is. I prefer the Phoenix Eyrie (on a map but not mentioned in any text) being where dragons are rather than dwarfs.

> As for the Shan Shan, the literary evidence is a wee bit more
> complicated. Revealed Mythologies has then being raised by TarnGatHa
> the First Emperor which the Vithelans have myths about the Sensan
> Mountains which was raised by Herevens in the Creation Age.

My interpretation is along the lines of Shan meaning "big mountainous thing" with Shan Shan being Big Big Mountainous Mountains, so other mountains are also Shan, Senshans, etc. and likely to get mixed up. Since TarnGatha is there at the beginining perhaps his Shanshan are the Mountains of Light and Dark.

> Uz Lore has the Kingdom of Wisdom and so I'd suggest something like
> Agony of Wisdom. Of course that leaves the question of what it was
> before Shang Hsa came but I suspect it was considered part of the
> Kingdom of Ignorance.

I like that, contrasting the Bliss of Ignorance with the Agony of Wisdom.

Keith