Re: Animism\t rituals

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_9F-CY2AmtiuqT_sQBsDefZ6UziOgfUG5MJKm2EQxaEb8qiP4ZXKNWi4IR4TD3V8p>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:58:03 -0000

Chris Lemens :

> I agree with everything else you said, down to here, where I'm not sure:
>
> > I can't see any reason why the weaker spirit shouldn't be manifest as a lingering benefit
> > (the benefit *is* the spirit), [snip]
>
> I don't think I understand. If you beat up Mallia's little disease spirit, and the benefit you get is use of the spirit, how does that protect you against other disease spirits? Can the question only be answered with specific reference to the type of spirit? For example, do we have to import modern notions of innoculation to answer the question as to disease spirits? Or is the answer common to any kind of spirit?

I'm not sure why you're asking these questions...

In both narrative and HQ storytelling terms, you have a contest and GM asks what is the player trying to achieve -- if the result is a lingering benefit, players and GM come up with what that means in their narrative. If that seems silly due to the nature of the contest and the specific spirit then you don't do it that way.

Doesn't seem at all problematic to me... :)

Julian Lord