Re: Kralori dreadful diseases

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_1VaTWI89oPrmISfsmCZqVGBlxACVa0tzr3ppj5doM6UKvDOF4ngGWOBiR71>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:36:25 -0500

Namaste:

Shadow Cancer was somewhat analogous to modern cancers, in that they are "hidden death" that creeps up unaware on people, and occur in the "darkness" inside of the body. Basically, by the time the Shadow Cancer was actually obvious, it would be too late for the victim. I could see the Alchemist of Thalzurni having a formulary for diagnosing Shadow Cancer by examining the shadows cast by an individual.

As for the PC's battling the diseases - there were four enemy "heroes" who heroformed these entities and who encountered the PC's during a HeroQuest. Mostly, they had to deal with the consequences of the Gang of Four on their follower/supporters/community, but I think a few of them might have suffered minor consequences in the struggle.

Eventually, the PC's managed to disrupt the Gang of Fours heroes - one they managed to Lunarize (before her death), the Jakaleeli Sorceror "ate" the Shadow Cancer Eununch Sorceror's ghost after a gruesome sorcerous battle, and the Star Permutator got decapitated by another.

And yes, I tend to be rather God-Learner-y, when I'm not being a Moonie.

-S. Santo Sengupta
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."