Re: Kralori dreadful diseases

From: hcarteau_at_DycKTRM8rot-9SeexQalz8kxQWEx0Y28wZGfoCJYihed1o_6zrhXDHoZQwdJYLMhDj1
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:24:52 +0100

> Shadow Cancer was somewhat analogous to modern cancers, in that they are
> "hidden death" that creeps up unaware on people, and occur in the "darkness"
> inside of the body. Basically, by the time the Shadow Cancer was actually
> obvious, it would be too late for the victim. I could see the Alchemist of
> Thalzurni having a formulary for diagnosing Shadow Cancer by examining the
> shadows cast by an individual.

/// Nice.

> As for the PC's battling the diseases - there were four enemy "heroes" who
> heroformed these entities and who encountered the PC's during a HeroQuest.
> Mostly, they had to deal with the consequences of the Gang of Four on their
> follower/supporters/community, but I think a few of them might have suffered
> minor consequences in the struggle.

/// Ung. I imagine the PC's community ravaged by the gang of four, people keeling over everwhere, contaminated with all four diseases at once maybe ? Horrible. THAT motivates PCs.

> Eventually, the PC's managed to disrupt the Gang of Fours heroes - one they
> managed to Lunarize (before her death), the Jakaleeli Sorceror "ate" the
> Shadow Cancer Eununch Sorceror's ghost after a gruesome sorcerous battle,
> and the Star Permutator got decapitated by another.
/// Wow. That sounds like a very good scene. I'll keep it in mind and store it along with the goonda banana riots, but for darker and more intense moments.

> And yes, I tend to be rather God-Learner-y, when I'm not being a Moonie.
/// I KNEW IT. Call the Inquisition. Let the Sacred Order of the Golden Lance purify your mind of these horrors. No, it won't hurt - much. The holy exorcism ritual implies three days on the rack, followed by dipping in vinegar for a few hours, followed by the Mighty Rite of Shriving. And then (if you survive), you will be handed over to the King's Justice.