Re: Animism\t rituals

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_WBMbglslpdAGVincwpwW-HVuMJx15gyx3c6KtwuYkX9nKCdU6UMJgxN-GQmeABsP>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:22:45 -0000

Greg :

> This is a pretty interesting and informative thread.
>
> However, certain parts suffer from a common problem in discussions.
> I see people speak in generalities, then discuss each others' generalities
> benefits.
>
> Please, divert that talent to something useful
>
> Look:
> Chris should write down what his vision of the Praxian rites.
> Screw the theory!! SHOW US
> Someone has a variant? Give us a NARRATIVE of its difference
>
> Don't just think about it.
> Visualize it.
> WHO is doing this?
> SEE it.
> Take a point of view, state WHO it is.
> WHAT do they do and see, WHERE comes to them from the spirit world, HOW =
> the ritual, not theory!!

You are absolutely right of course, but to be fair, Chris has expressed his difficulties in writing down his rituals from the point of view of *a* (not *the*) working theory.

As I understand it, he is having difficulty not with the details (and knowing Chris, I would be surprised if that were the case), but with ... narrative direction I guess ?

> Take a point of view, state WHO it is.

It's the point of view he seems to be having trouble with, if that's any help :)

But yes, Chris needs to get stuck in.

Julian Lord