Re: Fallen Stars in Brolia again

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_pqrHYIX9RO991BcV7__G2hRunCLq4Bq_53RhEhgSJvxCTY8pyNtilE-LfkqGEDXVUBm>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:17:25 +1300

On 2/15/2010 12:16 AM, hcarteau_at_ADQlkdDNqtodPv9QqK3mbJKn4eaYSbgL1BOzYCcT8Cb7Cbf6HG-P437eAL8VLe17E30o8SE_oA.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> /// OK, so what's your take on the "prize" [Karsten Fardrossen]] was after ?

I'm not really sure he actually went with the intention of freeing a specific person. While Arkat knew who to find (but not enough to know that it was a supremely stupid choice), I don't think that Harmast did.

As to who the prize would have been if he had succeeded, my guess is somebody non-Orlanthi and contemporary (ie Recently Dead). Dragons are out because Karsten is living in the aftermath of the Dragonkill. Carmanians are out because they have just been defeated by the Lunars. Dara Happans are also out because they are collaborating with the Lunars. Safelstrans are out because even on the other side of the Nida, Karsten would have only heard bad things about the Stygian Empire.

Uz? The Only Old One dies about fifty years too late to be a viable candidate. Any Uz leaders killed in the Smoking Ruins would be useful but they don't strike me as the sort of heroes that could dramatically tip the scales of power.

Belintar strikes me as plausible considering we don't know where he was from.

--Peter Metcalfe