Re: Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes - adjusting the scenarios to the presence of flying PCs

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_REbQHgYZTK6fRJkqIlBcfVyFpW3Lvu8NTKL1X4_5JZ3oqg8MY52R9z7gFm26nv2vZnl>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:56:09 -0500

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_TcBwN_5NOF9TLwx9mZuB5UE9Goxj4briEuGmW-5wOTJWvWkDzRUU6lD9dyjrLgRjc4T2YknhwKeWUg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_d5vwFzc43yGnnACz6tXSpqM6lmqio1VmtZ8s754Qg3sq2sIy-TA7ICW_aFfYzYlptsjtJCByEoDGhuw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Same thing during the Heroquest. The bridge guarded by the giant who
>> knocks people into the River of Swords. My guys will probably try to fly
>> around him.
>>

> I think the mistake here is imagining that the Other World cares about
> physics rather than myth.

On review, the other option is let them find a "way around" that leads them off the known path of myth and requires a different set of challenges (perhaps more suited for your players) as well as the fun the fear of getting lost in the Otherworld/Underworld.

You could, of course, replace this stage entirely with something else if it's going to be a problem (not mechanically -- ie "what if they fly" so much as "they cannot pass the guardian at all; it will be a dead end" which might make for a cautionary tale but not a very successful game session.

Peter Larsen