Re: Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes - adjusting the scenarios to the presence of flying PCs

From: Jeff <richaje_at_Z1EIskn2MNubo2Ik-fdQnqO-bNoChWBJrYlYUX0ENzMjHlUjbhewxTmqz_HF9UM3wI6C>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:29:25 -0000

> I'm pretty sure I am going to have some flying PCs by the time I get to the Howling Tower (my players are just now returning from the Clearwine temple and are finishing up the last bits of their PCs. The scenario assumes the players will be arriving by boat with ducks. I probably missed this, but is there any reason why they shouldn't fly instead? There is a skeletal "dream dragon" around, so arriving by boat might give them essential cover. My PCs might go for it anyway. Anyone handle this in their game already?

If they can all fly, let them. Ask them if they know where the Howling Tower is? The Upland Marsh is some 800 square miles of boggy islands, marshes, and bayous - how do they plan to find it? Assuming they decide to do arial reconnaissance, wallop them with the skeletal "dream dragon". Assuming they survive the encounter, they will likely get a little more prudent. Pass on rumors that the Greydogs are planning on using the ducks to guide them there next spring.

> Same thing during the Heroquest. The bridge guarded by the giant who knocks people into the River of Swords. My guys will probably try to fly around him. I can populate the area with flying nasties - does anyone else have ideas? In at least one place (the metal maw gate), it says there is no way to fly, because there is no real air. On the other hand, when we get to Lunar Hell, there are these monsters and the scenario mentions PCs might want to try flying and still have to deal with them, I think.

They leave the path, they change the heroquest (page 189). Warn them that all their landmarks might disappear. They might never refind the Path of the Dead and even the Tower of Havan Vor might be gone.

Jeff