Re: Fallen Stars in Brolia again

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_tBj8a2C4f3XFpRjdfn623LwvqJv-LS2ndeibzF15UlApwTaMWm68jT1XzokRLrmjyP3>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:50:48 +1300

On 2/16/2010 7:08 AM, hcarteau_at_fl3viwD5OUz8reb32vuSgAglq-rqEpKktyxK7-Ets2S6rDpEQXyFDIV7Qnsv19iXZyk4hqGS9A.yahoo.invalid wrote:
>> Safelstrans are out because even on the other side of the Nida,
>> Karsten would have only heard bad things about the Stygian Empire.

> /// Wasn't the Stygian empire dead for a long time by the time of the Battle of
> Castle Blue, pounded into nothingness by the Seshnegi ?

There are still Arkati in Safelster.

> /// Very interesting choice. He "swims ashore" the Rightarm Islands only in
> 1313. We know he / she switches bodies. Narnarra the Greater might have been
> some precursor of Belintar...

I doubt it. Narnarra was the result of a successful LBQ (and a dragon IMO to boot) a few centuries before Castle Blue. If Narnarra is a precursor of Belintar then Arkat is a precursor of both and all three are precursors of Sheng Seleris; which doesn't make much sense to me.

 > in which case he, like all the traditionalists,
> failed at Castle Blue,

I don't think so. Karsten's quest failed _ergo_ Belintar didn't appear at Castle Blue; I was suggesting that if he had succeeded then he would have brought along Belintar. For this to be true, Belintar would have had to be dead at the time of battle for castle blue. The only big conflict that I can think of is the War Against Silence in Umathela.

Secondly Belintar is hardly a traditionalist and the point of going on the LBQ surely is that the traditions are not enough.

--Peter Metcalfe