Re: Fallen Stars in Brolia ?

From: Colin Phillips <colin.phillips_at_vix7uphr1eV8VqTL0v7GqEI1tI5yrzcUDqvU__vJvqIpdEgEEvu2lZTMQ_bkm>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:12:13 -0800 (PST)

Some great ideas in this discussion... but has anybody else made the connection to Neil Gaimans Stardust... I am sure people have... in that book the fact the star is a person when viewed on one side of the wall and a physical inert object on another.

So if in Glorantha you HQ'd to the falling star it would be a person, when you bring it back and innate valuable item that only come "alive" during ceremonies, high holy days etc. I think this would make for some great roleplaying experiences, especially as the players wouldn't realise the "star" would become inert when they return home.

I think the HQ would be very interesting as a number of parties, peoples with their own myths would be vying for the same object, and persumeably battling each other to create their own truth.

cheers
Colin

"Violets are always an option" - Voria worshippers