Re: Glorantha Novels

From: Jerome Blondel <jeromeblondel_at_f5KpT3dLj19qZU9wQdwCMD4Qss1nSlePnkUODrcU_AoHubmaA_kSTm8J04Hwi5>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 21:27:48 +0100

Osentalka
> Hello
>
> there is a lot of Glorantha fiction, but not so much in the length of a
> novel.
>
> For great glorantha fiction read:
>
> - "Gloranthan Visions" by various authors (short stories and excerpts of
> unpublished novels by Greg Stafford, ; available in the Hero Wars Box Set).
> Published by Issaries Inc.
> - "The Complete Griselda" by Oliver Dickinson (Pavis gangster/adventurer
> stories). Published by Issaries Inc.
> - "The Widow´s Tale" by Penelope Love (the conflict of a Lunar unit and
> Sartar rebels at the edge of Sartar, near Prax, about a village and
> envions... disturbed by Chaos). Published by The Chaos Society.
> - "Eurhol´s Vale & Other Tales" by Penelope Love (the prequel, and sequel of
> "The Widow´s Tale" plus two short stories more). Published by The Chaos
> Society.

I think King of Sartar may qualify. It was marketed as a "Gloranthan novel by Greg Stafford" by French publisher Oriflam, although it's more a collection of different stories, sagas and myths about the Hero Wars in Dragon Pass, told in a distant future.

There were other such sourcebooks such as The Glorious Reascent of Yelm, Fortunate Succession, and The Entekosiad, but they look more like ancient chronicles or historical records, except the Entekosiad which is the story of a forgotten, mythical Pelorian dream-time as visited by a Lunar heroine. At any rate, I don't think they've all been written with a pure literary focus. It's more like deep immersion into a detailed vision of different Gloranthan settings.

Jerome Blondel