Re: Using Sea Magics to fight a ghost

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_204wXxMdB6U1MSASR1rcyKfM1k_1uoLMuztgRvr0eCmyHnviC__fTl6nuxVZsZOnWOl>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:41:54 -0500

Well, salt is considered purifying in many real world cultures, so, although I don't know of any specific Gloranthan cultures that believe this, it could be true. The ludochs can provide them with a bottle of particularly pure salt water (perhaps from an "essence current" deep underwater). This could require a little side quest to a) the current (with handy water breathing magics) or on land to find a bottle suitable for holding such a treasure.

For added fun, make it an element in a ritual, where they need to hold the ghost in a

a) ring of bowls of water
b) above a bowl of water
c) in a figure drawn with the water

in sight of the ocean while

  1. the tide moves from low to high
  2. the tide moves from high to low
  3. the sun rises, sets, or does something else
  4. moon, stars, whatever does likewise

In the meantime you can have various contents of piety, personality traits, or other abilities to

  1. keep the ghost imprisoned
  2. fend off attacks
  3. experience bits of the ghost's life, perhaps understanding why this ghost is haunting and/or why it sucks to be a ghost

Peter Larsen