New MRQ... who knew? :)

From: Undead Trout <undead.trout_at_FKc-Jv-CfMPl_mTqgGW8dsVJI3s1I6b_566xrgsObDFZoOGZgFbaOWZefwbF5Kz>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 04:10:19 -0500

Wow, I'm fairly impressed with this tome thus far. It's been soundly playtested and the rules have been brought into line with the latest developments in our understanding of Glorantha. We now have Common Magic, and a theist has a Pact which represents his or her relationship with a god, a sorcerer has familiarity with his or her school's (or sect's) Grimoire, and so on. Divine Magic appears to be handled in a manner very similar to David Cheng's old "Rune Power" article from *Tales Of The Reaching Moon*. You have X points of Dedicated POW, and can choose which divine spells to keep each time you renew them. Your Pact appears to give you access to the spells / runes / affinities of your god, but you sacrifice / dedicate POW like in old RQ to have a pool of points you can allocate toward specific divine spells. I imagine it would jibe very well with HQ1 affinities and feats, as well as HQ2 / *Sartar: Kingdom Of Heroes* runes. Got to say, Lawrence Whitaker and Pete Nash did a spanking job and deserved enormous accolades. This ought to geek old-time grognards and neophytes alike.
--
Undead Trout  --  undead.trout_at_Y2IYjNWUV0XZpDF9S7Ry981CLpbNHu-18m1XKaG_8u2aO8aZfD2JbFJpLEpGLg3K4cKcYyIfb7HcR5hMqqkW5J0.yahoo.invalid
~ Always Something Fishy Going On™ ~