Re: Pol Joni

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_uGlnIMXqOwx3sErrKv-m6dOAHm2HPpr_iclzkdd4IVQCXCdlFNEmQ3fnb-Bu>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:25:36 +0000 (GMT)

Who are the Leftarmers?

Richard Hayes

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_Mp9bGHeT3i_qJmObvU7_d7in95M_726xHbjS4ftaDp3MwDmQHXTe79Rdl1O2aaAEOpiJUJrXEt44Brrd0PNXPkj7NqI.yahoo.invalid> Subject: Re: Pol Joni
To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 26 February, 2010, 6:43

On 2/26/2010 4:06 AM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> 1. Do any Pol Joni of Grazelander descent still adhere to their
> former Nation's shamanic practices?

There are few Grazer Pol Joni compared to the number of Pure Horse worshippers rescued from the Black Net.  The later however converted to Derik's proposal as their old gods had failed them and so in my opinion, they would be unlikely to follow the Pure Horse spirits.

> 2. What are the religious practices of the other b'stard tribes named
> in the old Hero Wars Glorantha book? (the Ambers, the Potors and the
> other one, if there is one?)

I can think of three possibilities 1) your revived Yelmalio cult, 2) renegade Grazers (infected with the ancient cattle heresy) and 3) sorcerors associateed with the Esvulari, Leftarmers and Black Horse Troop.  However there is no way to know which maps onto which.

> 3. Also what are the religious practices of the Zebra tribe? Solidly
> Waha/Eiritha, or are there Yelmalio and/or Pavis elements?

The Zebra tribe is heavily influenced by the Pavis cult and is also known as the Pavis survivors.  Other popular cults among them are Storm Bull, Yelmalio, Humakt and Foundchild.

> 4. Nowadays how accurate is the description of the Paps from Cults of
> Prax?  Does the Paps still have priestesses associated with extinct
> tribes like the Plains Elk and the Long-Noses? If so, where do these
> priestesses come from?

The positions are given to ambitious priestesses determined to prove themselves and are unwilling to wait for the retirement of their long-lived superiors.

--Peter Metcalfe

Yahoo! Groups Links