Re: Pol Joni

From: Jerome Blondel <jeromeblondel_at_DNHXIK87Ff8AuTIi7kuxMdHM_jLrJS1xnP0p28dsvaApgW6d62xkw2iBootPcB>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:38:01 +0100

Jeff
>> However what I thought I knew is that it does not obviously suggest that even a small but significant minority of any of these groups would give up what they had for a nomadic lifestyle in Prax-- indeed it seems like a bigger leap for them than it was for those who founded the Poljoni. Although if the non-Brithini Leftarmers' lot was wretched enough,  there could be a reason for some of them to flee and adopt a nomadic existence on the plains

> The Poljoni nation are about two-thirds Sartarites and about one-third renegade Praxians. There are a few notable outlaws from elsewhere, but they are outliers. The Potor Clan is recently formed (1618) out of the remnants of the Dundealos who survived the Lunar destruction of their tribe (Sartar 231).
>
> I suspect you can count the number of Islanders who become Poljoni on the fingers of one hand.

I won't comment on the Islanders because it's so infinitesimal to be meaningless and at the same time very simple to set up into a game (because honestly, no one knows anything about any "Islander", except maybe the East Islands), but I'd like to know what is a "renegade Praxian", what motivates a Praxian to ride a horse.

Jerome Blondel