Praxians on horses ?

From: hcarteau_at_VTBKQhn7S0kPS7T3Fs8rzUhMf9rc1Lbcf27rgfXLy9sZvooXIpdgl63hc5hvwcAFJmM
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 22:13:54 +0100

> (snip) but I'd like to know what is a "renegade Praxian", what motivates a
Praxian to ride a horse.

/// I see such people not as much as eager to ride a horse as to find an alternative to the culture which they were excluded / exiled / banned from, for many possible reasons : they broke a taboo, they got on their Khan's wrong side, they were cursed, etc.

Their alternatives are limited : death alone on the plains, joining the lunars as a mercernary, becoming a hobo in the Pavis slums... or joining clans that operate in the same plains, bringing with them an interesting expertise and integrating a new family. If they survive the initiation rituals of course. The Pol Joni are weary of infiltrators eager to destroy them from within.