Re: On Mysticism

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at__EGMd41yZB30UNP-r0ZVHuC_f9_5c67EQo5X7woI6Xz9OBXw4PZ8fVeqhbgcSAPiB6X>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 10:20:35 +1300

On 3/6/2010 12:05 AM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> What is the current thinking on Kralori religion? Do they have divine
> cults, essence magic, or animism, or a bit of all three? Also do
> indivduals commit to one beleif system, or do most people dip their
> toes in a bit of all three?

Kralori religion is draconism. Using Revealed Mythologies, I get the impression that it's a fusion of sorcery, theism and animism (as the three magicians summon the sum of their fears to combat Vith - this turns out to be the Dragon Dogsalu).

How it works for an individual level has yet to be decided. Since Kralorela is so big, my opinion is that there would be multiple paths perhaps, perhaps one for each emperor. Thus a follower of Daruda might strive to draconism with magics that focus on physicial transformations while a follower of Thaluzrni would balance his magics between spells, feats and charms to achieve draconism.

> However the concept from the old Hero
> Wars rules of the martial artist who practised mysticism but was
> still sufficiently engaged with the world to have potential as a
> player-character, now seems to be out of favour too.

Just to clarify - Martial Artists and sagely characters still exist. It's just that their magic is better expressed in the HQ rules as spells, feats and charms rather than as mystical magic.

--Peter Metcalfe