Re: When Worlds Collide

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_Fdwk4dq8yUse6dkyjSAnsSCvreNNizYKs-FMKjSf5RbufKLD0AZEakTksL17LipqA>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:49:53 -0800

YGWV On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Charles <charles_at_gktRN2O8BVSoUiSKZGsfvfj-1DVracRZD_YWGZY9gPfXS5Ovo8r5N--hxHGEJ7wuzCxjoWlfBTYs1A.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> > --- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, Stephen Tempest <e-g@> wrote:
> > >
> > > This is related to the mysticism discussion:
> > >
> > > Back in the days of 'Hero Wars' and 'Revealed Mythologies', we were
> > > taught that the Middle World of Glorantha was formed by the collision
> > > of four Otherworlds. Each one came from a different direction, which
> > > is why the West of Glorantha is predominantly sorcerous, the North
> > > theist, the East mystic and the South animist.
> > >
> > > Now, though, everyone tGWValks of just three Otherworlds. So what
> > > happened to the fourth one?

I will point out that, as Peter M has said, there never were three Otherworlds as Stephen sought.
This wonderful discussion is based on that misconception.

I LOVE reading everyone speculating about it. Seeking the fourth World is wonderful.
Put it into a Glorantha context and imagine what the pc's would have to do to seek this information.

But I can tell you that in MY Glorantha, there is no fourth "mystical otherworld"

If you do find it, it is guaranteed to be a Short World.

> Before the collision and wrecking, they were not the otherworlds, they
were the worlds where the mortals and immortals of each
> approach lived.

Together, generally undifferentiated.

> It is only after the mortals migrated to the "mystical world" that the 3
worlds became otherworlds.

Perfect example of how using "mystical world" will only be misleading and confusing.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer