Re: Chaos in HQ2

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_tr8_4Kb0IZH7IN9JNsu2IwHTNy2mAAGNE0HqnO2I1Ey4zrD9QxdyYwZpEUVA>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 16:09:57 +0000 (GMT)

I agree that the Chaos Feature effect of Primal Chaos is a (the?) ritual by which people obtain chaos features, and I really like Matthew's idea of these rituals being used to acquire Runes

However, now the number of runes that a cult or practice has is a refelction of its power level, I would imagine that (like Yinkin or Odayla), Bagog has a unique rune for Scorpion-man (or Scorpion?). So maybe the Ritual of Rebirth is the way  that a scorpionman acquires this special rune instead of the Chaos rune?

I'm not sure whether Thed's Rebirth of Chaos should involve a Thed/Broo rune (if there is such a thing), or the Chaos rune. It is a tough call, as at one level a Broo seems to be the 'marriage' of the Man and Chaos runes?

Digressing from Matthew's posting, I remember that in the first version of MRQ (and Hero Wars before that?), formerly divine cults like Thed and Bagog had become shamanic practices.

Does this now mean that chaos features are the result of (covert?) possession by chaos spirits, or can chaos features also be something that the chaotic is (if they practice divine magic), rather than simply something they have? (Although come to think of it, if I remember correctly from the old Cults of Terror write-up of Thed, priests(?) of Thed always could get chaos features the Primal Chaos way, or by allowing themselves to be possessed by chaos spirits ...)

Which 'traditional' manifestations of chaos are still considered to be theistic rather than animistic? Or will mixed magic be the norm? Indeed would the Book of Drastic Resolutions be  a (the premier?) Chaos grimoire?

Richard Hayes