When Worlds Devolve

From: hcarteau_at_KTyx3_yfE4zbAoIJjNPHXP1SOyltAlScduG5PBbZ6Yh5YwadtNwGY9uiKXRyyCcTn3p
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 18:40:44 +0100

Selon Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_mPMkMdBk3lyTdjIqUWNaeGLeNnaWK6I006oV66Xh2sHDvdv5K2WrVJj9t87eMYbn5aaWyQxgbARhoy0dXU4.yahoo.invalid>:

> > So does that mean that there is a Fourth Magical World? How about a fourth
> > Magic of Mysticism (separate from Theism, Sorcery, and Shamanism.) ?

> here is what I mean: send your character on a HeroQuest and they will know.
> And maybe you will too.

/// Well, maybe they will - and maybe they won't. It takes a pretty deep HQ to reach, or even glimpse, the All ! That's one thing the godlearners didn't get - their quests were purely technical, dry. They lost the most important goal of any important Journey (into ourselves, the otherworlds, to faraway lands etc.)

 mysticism has no accessible power of value in Glorantha. If power accrued through mystical means is used it manifests as one of the other systems. /// In other words, it has no value in terms of Game Fun, both for players and GMs. I'll leave it as a tantalizing piece of background, i.e. "what these weird easterners do" (even if they don't).