Re: Questions about Draconism

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_KuItMzsGWye1HM5C0o_SsxdCYi_4zGwIB3w6nq9f-FlHZBJLNXMVOoED-FTt>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 18:37:33 +0000 (GMT)

So in terms of numbers, will Draconism be the "Fourth Philosophy" instead of Mysticism(even if it doesn't have its own otherworld, but draws on aspects of the other three)?
Is it fair to say that the 'canon' view of Draconism (or at least an approximation of it), is  likely to get into print via MRQ2 before it does in HW2?
MRQ2 will look at the situation in the Second Age, so ultimately it would have to consider (at least) three versions of Draconism:

EWF Draconism
Kralori Draconism; and
Dragonewts' Draconism (thuogh I imagine a major rewrite of the existing Dragonewt book probalby won't be the number one priority)
How different will these three be? Will they all contain elements of Spirit Magic, Theism and Sorcery, or will indviduals choose a 'cult' within a mixed pantheon that is dedicated to one kind of magic only?
In game mechanics terms, the EWF cults in MRQ1 seemed to be a bit like conventional divine cults with divine magic, only with a cult-specific ritual Dance (like a Feat?), and a pyramid-selling aspect to the cults' hierarchies. Dragonewts had their own cults too.
Will the 'pyramid-selling' element of EWF draconism (and Kralori draconism too? There are some sugestions of this both in the Godunya write-up in Gods of Glorantha and some elaborate, unofficial rules for Kralori mysticism in old RQ that I found on the Internet a few years ago (can't remember the source for these- maybe he/she is on this list?), continue to be reflected in terms of cult rank only, or will it also have an effect on the magical power of individuals too, (like in the sorcerous immortality cult referred to in Strangers in Prax)
Given the innate conservatism of both cultures, how different will Kralori dracoonism and dragonewts' draconism be in the Third Age compared to how they were in the Second Age? Two of my guesses are that orthodox Dragonewts will have retreated from proselytising amongst humans, and later emperors will have laid new alternatives on top of the ones that existed in the Second Age (but without totalling eradicating the paths created by earlier emperors), but what else?
Will the leading martial artists of Glorantha now practice some form of Draconism instead of Mysticism?
Finally isn't there a hint in King of Sartar that Argrath will ultimately revive dragon-friendly aspects of Orlanth in his battle with the Lunar Empire? Will this mean Orlanth Dragonfriend, or Orlanth the Dragon (or neither, or both)? And will this create a schism between Heortling and Alakoring Orlanthi?
Richard Hayes