Re: Questions about Draconism

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_WBqJf0jxP58hRY_h6u7Z0Yq8-wfw-o90so3CyXoOYc60FvBIvPpkhNd-hoQiQe9Zp>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 18:29:50 -0800

YGWV
I will not answer for any game system here.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_oZt8Sd_q_ohH9c3gGuazzj76XX8oIKNUMOwRzabaw_8sqck8jvnqRZgOmyo0fkQs_vfzZp3Jw8JZhDSi3_SWSmS4WqBJAA.yahoo.invalid>wrote:

> So in terms of numbers, will Draconism be the "Fourth Philosophy" instead
> of Mysticism(even if it doesn't have its own otherworld, but draws on
> aspects of the other three)?

If you need to have a fourth one, as the GL apparently did, the draconic/mystical perspective can fit as well as it did for them.

 and a pyramid-selling aspect to the cults' hierarchies.

I want to point out that the pyramid scheme is definitely part of the later EWF policy and Way, politically, spiritually and personally. But that actually has nothing to do with its (actual) spirituality. It has nothing to do with mysticism.

Finally isn't there a hint in King of Sartar that Argrath will ultimately
> revive dragon-friendly aspects of Orlanth in his battle with the Lunar
> Empire?

Yes, this is right.

> Will this mean Orlanth Dragonfriend, or Orlanth the Dragon (or neither, or
> both)?

Yes, this is right.

> And will this create a schism between Heortling and Alakoring Orlanthi?

Gosh, could that happen?

I'll take this opportunity to say this:

WANT TO HELP WRITE ARGRATH'S SAGA?
Come to Kraken, and learn my secrets of future Glorantha, participate in a Gloranthan ritual, and/or writing work shop for Glorantha.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer