Re: Chaos in HQ2

From: Charles <charles_at_o8s2ipgFhLgV_nroWIEiGYjU3dloVG4ShRgtIXIkJ4yMzdr-8gelVJyh9nek4xCD0iUE>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:18:00 -0000

> That and the gods/demigods they follow aren't
> "three rune" enitities anyway, so haven't that
> much to give. Thed is probably a two-rune
> entity (and in many ways a defeated one at
> that), and Bagog might scrape into the same
> bracket (just). Nor are individual communities
> of worshippers that large-- for example, it is
> hard to imagine a group of Broo being large
> and organised enough to put together a
> Heroquest equivalent to a full Lightbringers'
> Quest (as discussed in a thread some months ago).

I'd be careful about too narrowly defining Thed's powers. She is one of Unholy Trio and they managed to make a fundamental change in the nature of Glorantha. Prior to their activities, Chaos was considered neutral or even holy. Afterwards, Chaos is Evil.

I am sure that they did not achieve this alone. Like the major changes since Time started, other beings "simultaneously" performed their own rituals that led to a result bigger than was expected.

regards,
Charles