Re: Chaos in HQ2

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_KJbnouEXXfnlSmS5RQOHsi7olBL2OsmzJAHNAhB2m9oQuBA1jMqRSo17TT80Wb>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:26:16 -0800

People and creatures can still use their runes, even if they are not an initiate of a cult that grants them magic based on that rune. While the use is proscribed, limiting to augmenting only, I would still allow a chaos rune bearer to take a Chaotic Feature as a break-out ability of their chaos rune (like a feat), with full magical effect.

Certainly the stigmata of using such an ability justifies any need for "game balance". But since this is all NPC stuff, you would hardly need rules that explain how a PC would go about this. In the end, I don't see a player following these paths in HQ. Thus chaotic gods don't need to be defined as two-rune or one-rune. NPCs are just going to provide a resistance based on the narrative needs of the story.

Not to say that such speculation isn't vastly interesting! :-) I'm just pointing out that fine detail is not immediately helpful for stories, since NPCs don't use the same rules of character creation as PCs.

--Todd