Re: Tentations and Chaos

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_KbgsJH7NdKRcG-5IHusgMn-6pCT-hHbLuG79-mi2txSyGPJyOUk52crpS6CtPKZ_>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:02:41 -0000

hcarteau :

> /// Yes, I love to tempt players with very cool things / powers, but with a very
> high price tag. In fact, the tag isn't always completely readable. But after I
> did this twice, my players became super-wary, bordering on acute paranoia. I
> must admit it's fun to offer them good stuff with no strings attached and see
> them pass / refuse !

LOL -- I once ran a game where the characters *had to* travel through the extensive treasure vaults of a centuries old witch, I mean it was organised more like a museum of magic items painstakingly categorised and laid out for maximum visual display and easy access.

So there were about 95% beneficial items in their thousands, 4% junk, 1% weird and dangerous stuff : so ofc, what kind of item you think gets picked up first ? haha

IIRC one of the players for some unfathomable reason tried to grab what I think was THE most dangerous item in the complex.

They didn't *dare* touch anything after that, and it was so much fun describing the contents of the craziest treasure hoard you can think of to a group of players saying "don't touch ! don't touch ! bad !!!"

:)