The Museum of Many Wonders - and ONE Trick

From: hcarteau_at_9LIxIB5C0VilB2suvMKAtMXbICU_s5pFi6WxOpwBo-F5M7wS156huFjG5BqEJXyRcDF
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:31:08 +0100

Selon julianlord <julian.lord_at_-gs36XfzWEKAXExzcGQRiICqQcb0wrVXM1fQ70mE6uhGqHhtREsOOkBWPaLeVjfcVV3YUm7G-039qYdOIewF.yahoo.invalid>:

> LOL -- I once ran a game where the characters *had to* travel through the
> extensive treasure vaults of a centuries old witch, I mean it was organised
> more like a museum of magic items painstakingly categorised and laid out for
> maximum visual display and easy access.
/// Excellent ! Brillant idea, nicely sadistic ! And some say GMs are twisted minds - I wonder where this notion came from ?

> So there were about 95% beneficial items in their thousands, 4% junk, 1%
> weird and dangerous stuff : so ofc, what kind of item you think gets picked
> up first ? haha IIRC one of the players for some unfathomable reason tried to
grab what I think was THE most dangerous item in the complex. /// Do be honest, level with us : did you in any way point them towards said object ? Or practise any other subtle manipulation so they'd pick THAT one ?

> They didn't *dare* touch anything after that, and it was so much fun
> describing the contents of the craziest treasure hoard you can think of to a
> group of players saying "don't touch ! don't touch ! bad !!!"
/// A Great Moment indeed. Seriously, the more I play with HQ and its very light rules, the more I realize the players I writing their own story. About half or more of what I write never gets a chance to be used, which is fine since I can recycle it later when they run short of ideas !