Re: The Museum of Many Wonders - and ONE Trick

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_OKuTMqgvnhITITcWJBto4DidWR74Z2nDR380ZrmUzZhd_6cDGXFBHmr7oU0ZwU5X>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 08:15:35 -0000

hcarteau :

> /// Do be honest, level with us : did you in any way point them towards said
> object ? Or practise any other subtle manipulation so they'd pick THAT one ?

Not as such no -- I did detail some "special" items, including that one, that were prominently displayed -- but again, most of these were hugely beneficial items.

There were quite a few random elements that I introduced into the scenario, and I exercised no control whatsoever on which itinerary the players chose nor which rooms they decided to enter nor which corner of which room they decided to examine first.

I think they would have been bound to pick up one of the horrendously cursed items at one point or other, but the fact that they picked up one of the top 3 worst ones, and I think the worst, on their first attempt at picking anything up was just one of those unforgettable RPG moments :)

I was slightly annoyed that a few potential story lines involving this loot got trashed as the result of this, and sad that they missed out on some of the truly special loot I would have liked them to find, but all in all the gameplay was memorable enough the way things turned out that there is NO WAY I'd complain about it !!

Julian Lord