Re: A few Bee goddesses and spirits

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_0IcPbpNTkhJ1pVT7tDILC8FxFUE7Iu5XrnAxOfSz_7UTC_zSWTGWucey79ur-BlJ>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 06:56:57 -0000

rune.writer :

> I was wondering if there were any canonical sources, or whether can I go hog-wild devising my own.

There is very very little in the canon that I know of, there's a story about Trickster trying to seduce the Queen Bee, but falling into the honey instead, and then mead being discovered as a result ; and there's a connected myth about the "rare King Bee" ; there's a Minlister variant doing the same job ; and the vague references in the Uz myths that have already been alluded to.

Nothing I'm aware of which concentrates on bees as main protagonists though, so you can easily go hog-wild devising your own :)

Julian Lord