Re: Bee goddesses?

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_9YlgVLGf1hTo1ls4yxxQim_cH48TW4mG_WJmJamWNFfjY4d91BYwJhzlWIFNJ1QZH>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:48:47 -0700

YGWV On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Prince B <chrphrgrv_at_TprihdT152gJJ8MvFTGy25smi85T3tFDxE6vhRPtId_sFqkmI_O1pCLt_mJqzSirNAgLSZezU8hgWDA.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> I think you should ignore canon if it says that ALL insects are only
> related to the darkness element.

Canon says no such thing.
I hope it's obvious by now that most or many animals have Otherworld vesions of them, and a Glorantha version of Everything, or at least, two things. Insects ae similar.

also--
not all creatures ae from all three worlds, and not all are from two, and no all from the Otherworlds have intermixed with Everything

That is way too limiting. Someone with the sand to do so ought to speak up
> and clarify that even without YGWV that there are often exceptions to the
> rule.

I don't know what sand is, but that above is the straight dirt.

> Just because a long time ago someone came up with the nifty idea that
> Trolls have a lot of interesting relationships with insects

That was me, for the record

> and also that insects would have done better than most in the darkness and
> hence that it rhymed well conceptually to make them darkness creatures does
> not mean that every last damn bug is only related to darkness. Glorantha,
> even in the canon is far too multifarious for that.

Correct

> I for one would love to hear a couple good bee myths and a cult outline or
> two that has nothing to do with the Uz. I'm almost as sick of trolls as I
> am heortlanders and their Sartarite ilk. So much else beckons.

Hear hear.

> --

Greg Stafford
Game Designer