Re: A question about one game rule in animism

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_NlvAMvX25NMtXiIvycHGCLg2yk8qlfO5FVNFFvSGVfoYf1M5R-y0SmLUbQbC>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:37:02 +0000 (GMT)

The key is the first sentence of that section (p113):

"You may use the spirits in your charms as stretch abilities rather than merely augmenting." i.e. any use of a spirit is at -6.

When you release one "This use of the charm is not treated as a stretch." i.e. the spirit is at normal ability (+0).

Gavain

I'm trying to flesh out one of my players' character, a thief of the raccoon totem. When re-reading the animist rule in HQ 2.0, I found a point that seems to need clarification.

Sez in there when the character reaches 1M in his tradition score, he can use his spiris directly rather than augmenting. It also says "once per session per charm, you may release the spirit from its charm as you draw on its power". But what are the effect in game terms ?

Would that mean a spirit society member gets only +6 ?

Thanks for your input on this detail.