Re: Bee goddesses?

From: rune.writer <rune.writer_at_0eVfRN1tfyi7rtBrPtkvZsBbw4ebSDovTq0_r8YSTVQ7giovEJnCgmNt6eakW4IN>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:53:49 -0000

I was thinking Voria. To be honest, I´d like to see Voria become more than the Disney goddess.

OTOH, I keep coming back to Ernalda as she is the goddess of the earth´s bounty. Or would Asrelia be better? IIRC, Asrelia is more buried wealth, gems and so forth. Then again, bees and flowers bring me back to Voria.

So I´m thinking an Orlanthi myth would/could involve:

Gorakiki(or equivalent, as I doubt Orlanthi would recognise Gorakiki by name) tries to hide her favorite insect servants from the burning light of the sun. These servants are all wasps.
Light through Gorakiki´s fingers burn the wasps yellow. Wasps become constantly angry from the pain of burning. Asrelia and Ernalda wakening after the Dawn. Voria bringing forth flowers to show Ernalda´s re-birth. Voria seeking a way to show Asrelia´s re-birth. Voria making a deal with Gorakiki , for messengers. Gorakiki opening her right hand to release the wasps to act as Voria´s servants. They become bees. The insects in Gorakiki´s left hand remain wasps. Gorakiki teaches Voria songs to control these new bees. Voria teaches Gorakiki songs to soothe the pain of the wasps. Voria´s bees take nectar from flowers to make honey to show people the miracle that Asrelia has been re-born. Maybe Voria´s deal is that people will promise to keep, shelter and protect bees in return.

Am I on the right track?