Re: Voria (was Bee Goddesses)

From: hcarteau_at_rymw_jw5PoETyYvVdgLr1CUpIzWhhSQpvkPUHb9tV2KaziD3FahVNM51xJ-L8XRDBpG
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:43:54 +0100

Selon Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_NlQ9SG-_vFiL_AX_pzaL8kTEkgE8rL1nYWuAxKnfiBk6KOtPET9BlK5vM2kslQ-EC14d73efSL42prXvr4nbMsQ.yahoo.invalid>:

> Voria isn't always PG-certificate. There is always the Demivierge of Rhigos
> to consider.

/// My favorite Voria comes from the second Fantasia Disney picture. There's a nature female spirit who covers the world with plants that is, IMO, what Voria looks like in the Other World. A must-see.

> Voriof must be a lot more complicated than one half of Hansel and Gretel
> too-- not least because there have been times when he has been referred to as
> a shepherd-boy, and other times when he has been portrayed as a sheep.
/// Or even a mature Ram. Is Voriof an avatar or a son or a hero of Heler, or all three ? Heortlings (them again, ugh) say he's the god of uninitiated boys but some mature men are shepherds (cottars) and worship him all their lives.
> To me, the sheep/shepherd ambiguity (if it is still current) seems a lot more
> Helering than Orlanthi ...

/// Well, it's always a matter of opportunity. Shepherding is very lonely, even more so for a young man. Also, Zeus himself coveted some particularly lovely female animals.