Re: Dealing with Mermen : questions about aluminium II

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_-pVcQSjDJJelnsm9yIaAf25r6dpN5lwWZOjD8SzayFMvpEBwGpIb2MJ7HqJb7KkcLRN>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:22:25 +0000

hcarteau_at_bJTTMqPmqlwutb6LQ77AsoyXxcCbggkL2Xv8IZBiwyNsh69ugjz0nKL7GhwwH5tiiRLZuZWYdao.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> Selon Guy Hoyle <guy.hoyle_at_2ak5CZb9RWe-a4MxwRlmarHgnKOegk_hdeDM1e9cMEzmKRu0sB0jQIoO7lyBYrRi3TEYAeWfU471lKXdoHw.yahoo.invalid <mailto:guy.hoyle%40gmail.com>>:
>
> > Seems like magic items that the merfolk can't produce themselves
> would be
> > valuable, but that depends on what's available in FayJee.
>
> /// A lot, and getting better, but main basic exports are timber,

Timber is something that mermen can't get for themselves, and, under the right circumstances, can stay preserved underwater long enough to be of use.

> furs, leather,

Furs obviously aren't much use, but properly cured leather could be. (Of course, if they have ready access to something like sharkskin, it might not be something they actually need).

> tar, wool

Tar could have its uses. Wool not so much!

> Luxury exports are the famed red truffle,

No reason to assume they wouldn't work on mermen.

> a few sun stones from the mislari
> mountains (they store sunlight during the day and shine with it during the
> night).

As useful to the mermen as to humans, I'd think.

> Fay Jee also has several sorcerers of great skill who might enchant
> stuff, and a small mostali factory.

If the enchanted stuff won't corrode, whether because of the raw materials or the nature of the enchantment, that should all be good. Depending on the exact nature of the enchantment, at any rate.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/