Re: Dealing with Mermen : questions about aluminium II

From: hcarteau_at_0Hc1yOnppYjRW-Pgyexxogyitwi4mbUhLNjjOeKBDi_gExwgAiiPJKNeqGOKwtruikx
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:13:50 +0100

Selon Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_kaZn3eYb-wUu1JXIu71jVzt-cjjxdxRnP9WFUsdCUebcaFS_etTqq8FBkN-Hr3qo2Jyml-O2neZMrZX5Gbfn-_c.yahoo.invalid>:

> Timber is something that mermen can't get for themselves, and, under the
> right circumstances, can stay preserved underwater long enough to be of use.
/// But what would mermen make with timber ?

> > furs, leather,
> >
> Furs obviously aren't much use, but properly cured leather could be. (Of
> course, if they have ready access to something like sharkskin, it might
> not be something they actually need).

/// No sharks around Fay Jee - yet. Even skin from big fish is hard and dangerous to get, so why not get easy leather from the walkers, and just for a few old things from submerged walker houses ?

> > tar, wool
> Tar could have its uses.

/// Which ones ? It's use to make things watertight mostly. What'd be the use for mermen ?

> > Luxury exports are the famed red truffle,
> No reason to assume they wouldn't work on mermen.
/// Agreed, they might work. And have interesting consequences as well.

> > a few sun stones from the mislari mountains (they store sunlight during the
day and shine with it during the night).
> As useful to the mermen as to humans, I'd think.
/// Never thought about that. I don't even know how far under water daylight goes, but the Mournsea is pretty shallow anyway.

> > Fay Jee also has several sorcerers of great skill who might enchant
> > stuff, and a small mostali factory.
> If the enchanted stuff won't corrode, whether because of the raw
> materials or the nature of the enchantment, that should all be good.
> Depending on the exact nature of the enchantment, at any rate.
/// Yes, what kind of enchantments could interest mermen anyway ? They're mostly hunters and have few natural ennemies in the Mournsea. Of course, they hate the wolf pirates and their cold god Ygg.