Aluminium, quicksilver, cinnabar

From: hcarteau_at_3SHR7I1tVmOFUkkZrsx7KJG-eMnkvXRwix_G5rhGIttmPmicl9B5jvcYn4-Hn1Ye4U8
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:56:36 +0100

Selon roadsgoeveron <daveolloyd_at_rRzUl4-iZ8snQ_JYxDzl2BnSsdgPnyfh2EkvZY6oxSJWyMWftxZ4lzhfHticYvN7bJ9dguKS4kQ.yahoo.invalid>:

> Aluminum can logically be found anywhere the sea gods were defeated (killed)
> during the Godtime and left their bones behind. (This is also why you find
> it on land). IIRC, at least a couple of sources have stories (or maps) about
> the Thunder Brothers reclaiming lands from the sea to the southwest of Dragon
> Pass, so I suspect that Wenelia is actually a good place to find aluminum.
> There is also a mine in Erigia, I think, although that's a bit far from
> Wenelia.

/// Ah, good suggestion. Now all I need is dream up some site in Wenelia where a sea god died and have the PCs take control of it. Facing some opposition of course. For instance, somewhere in the battle zone between Greymane and Esrolia. That'd make mining difficult.

> In the real world, aluminum was very hard to mine (or refine) until modern
> times. Quicksilver is refined from cinnabar, I believe, and has been mined
> since ancient times.

/// I must admit I' not sure what cinnabar is. It's red and was used as a dye, isn't it mercury-based ? Come to think of it, isn't quicksilver another name for mercury ?