Re: Voriof (once was Bee Goddesses)

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_5xIyhl4XXKgt3u31evntSd09MRrgiHWxCz_v6KjwO9zwWUQNXpgaAmYEZ_Y_myaI->
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:12:07 -0700

YGWV On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 2:23 PM, bryan_thx <bethexton_at_50cS2Zrj6v4v8PdMfm4VhsnbHLPiYkauqHRxJBch4rgFR6j_wBTLtitxRcatQ-AWB0i4A_IvvU--cEBn.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > Sure, but why do two (apparently) different sons of Orlanth have the same
> name?
> >
> > Richard Hayes
>
> Both ram and shepherd are Protector of the Herd, just in different
> forms.....and for gods, function >> form from what I can tell. Look at
> Odayla, is he a man, a bear, hunter or hunted? All of them....he is The
> Hunt in all of its aspects (at least as centred around bears).

Correct

> For that matter, in some more distant (non-Heortling) Orlanthi culture,
> where sheep are important but alynx are not, I wonder if Voriof would have a
> Dog aspect? (as in a sheep herding dog).

Probably not, as that is quite distant from his natural form. I can imagine somewhere up in Carmania where there is a protector of some sort, who appears as the ram, as the he goat, as the bull, as the lion and as the sheepdog, And there is a statue of that Protector somewhere, with a name, and with all those animals about his feet, awaiting his commands...

But it isn't Voriof.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer