Re: Alynx can be accepted by Lunars?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_TgOIMHzc8tVrBcVWQI6YNTUtEtbTZCosro3YuOUy4m9jyH8R0no3UnFrPAcdabFKb8VZ>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:08:23 -0000

> I'm very sure of it. Dara Happa most certainly has something like that. Need to keep the rats out of the granaries and the mice out of the manses. And the house-beasts smell. Prior to the domestication of the cat, the ferret was the pet of choice for keeping down the vermin but this went out of vogue sometime in the Bronze Age as cats don't smell as badly as ferrets and are generally more readily house trained.

During the late Second Age, cats were used in Dara Happa to keep away mice. At least until Emperor Karsdevesus ordered all cats in Dara Happa killed for not being mentioned in the Gods War. "Cats are rebels," sniffed the Emperor, "for they do not obey lawful commands." Others claim it was because the Imperial kittens had used his favorite ceremonial robe as a scratching post.

Cats were reintroduced by the Carmanian lords and are still disliked by many traditionalist Dara Happans. Most are semi-feral, but permitted to hunt mice in the graneries by the overseers.

Jeff