Re: Trying to pin down Eolian shamans

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_q0bQo1sviRNylDvHBKPRzWzSE9FDGEi_AYfcc3kooC9l30MWjKLmMWQ1u4mp>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:30:22 +0000 (GMT)

Or if you have access to the non-gloranthan RQ III book Land of the Ninja, use the elemental kami cults there as a basis for each elemental brotherhood ...
Richard Hayes

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_XzjVwZAxvVlJcLEEK3YpVIjd_H-eCg4fZHZiWmRZ3Fea8xv-ObD8R3P8pSWn1-TA3RXb4OPgdZc2veuiCztXv5Aw.yahoo.invalid> Subject: Re: Trying to pin down Eolian shamans To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 29 March, 2010, 9:55

On 3/29/2010 5:36 PM, pentallion wrote:

> The only source of shamanism from RQ III I have is Gods of Glorantha
> and that pretty much limits them to Ancestor Worship or Horned Man.

There's a lot more cults with Shamans than that.  Pamalt, Kyger Litor, Eiritha, Waha, Hykim (Telmor, Basmol and Sofals), Malia, Thed, Bagog and Aldrya are also Shamanistic Cults in Gods of Glorantha.

> I'm thinking probably Horned Man with emphasis on a Spirit Cult that
> focuses on elementals instead of spirits for their divine spells?

Just have five brotherhoods, one for each element, and give each brotherhood an elemental control spell, an elemental blessing (such as see in dark for darkness) and an elemental curse (such as lighting bolt for Air).

--Peter Metcalfe

Yahoo! Groups Links