Insight Contests in the third age ?

From: hcarteau_at_vUZR2b8brpHZBmV2JHjntFP7BPH11hHYWPDeR2YJ4HUJG0eZHnb3LziVLXZ6f0rXgzv
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:03:37 +0200

We know the Jrusteli cities, churches and sorcery schools settled their differences by Insight Contests, where the most learned and wisest of their members would debate among them until Logic proved who was right, and the matter was settled bloodlessly and reasonably.

I'd like to re-introduce this custom to allow my players, representing the Church of Ashara, to solve their issues with the rokari watcher of Fay Jee without resorting to classical violence and anti-rokari pogroms. I have several role-playing ideas which could make this fun, allowing each player his / her turn in the spotlight.

Now for your opinion. To third age malkioni, are Insight Contests a dreadful godlearner trick, to be shunned, or is it still acceptable ? After all, it symbolizes the victory of Reason and Logic. Could even the rokari be somehow ritually forced into one ? And would such Contests be only reserved to zzaburi, or could other castes take part in them ?

I'm curious about your opinions on that one.