Re: Insight Contests in the third age (SPOILER)

From: hcarteau_at_epbedeD1jr-0X66KgQoTz0mJIdmVLsZokf0jiP5ftYqQFUnzW4s2Zw8p3sV61qstDZz
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 19:00:14 +0200

Selon Jeff <richaje_at_bqHUSaV0kQpfd5WO6LVm7wegVgKxRGlgRS__SbAzue4P9mRHgdcRSg8rRZpKGbhHEJrh_pY-HqEv_A.yahoo.invalid>:

> (snip) in the Third Age, nobody has access to the original Abiding Book and
many schools and sects are the heirs to revelations and grimoires that cannot be debated. As a result Insight Contests are of great use between schools that more or less share the same core scripts.

/// Hm, that's what I was afraid of. "Logic and Reason" only apply if you share the (more or less) same Church. There's no point in arguing over the finer points of the meaning of life with heretics.

HERE COMES THE SPOILER NOW. Go away, Eric.

Well, how then do I stop a full-fledged bloodbath from occuring in Fay Jee between the rokari and (nearly) everybody else ? Neither the players nor I want it, but I played the rokari watcher as extremely steadfast and determined not to give in. I'm open to any ideas ! If none come, there'll be civil war.

Only YOU can avoid it. ;-) If not, I'll work out something interesting, with the PCs having to chose between heavy-handedness or open arms for the rokari willing to abide by the Prince's Law and even convert to whatever else.