Re: Insight Contests in the third age (SPOILER)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_zixmO-LdElTmLvJYSGyArNV0QVspCJME1Jn3PYsrUtcho0F57kZj_5u8jWhS9Wzb_uj>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:35:14 +1200

On 4/11/2010 5:00 AM, hcarteau_at_dWMP1waXjLaZNJqwhJja2-vCCBehUkDDc3viVYK-TcS-ScYi-QiRg8UnIgVsTD5MFqSbpxADyZKDXA.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> Well, how then do I stop a full-fledged bloodbath from occuring in Fay Jee
> between the rokari and (nearly) everybody else ? Neither the players nor I want
> it, but I played the rokari watcher as extremely steadfast and determined not to
> give in. I'm open to any ideas ! If none come, there'll be civil war.

A dispensation. A document/magical artifact which allows the wielder to ignore certain church laws. In the good old days of the God Learner Empire, dispensations were handed out to allow people to ignore the laws of nature (ie make the water burn Waertagi etc).

Obviously the Rokari aren't going to hand out one _but_ if they are confronted by a dispensation signed by somebody with unimpeachable credentials, namely a Witness of the Abiding Book, the Rokari will have to give in.

Since the players aren't going to find a dispensation made out to the Bearer of Said Document (and the Rokari is going to suspect a forgery), the players best chance might be to find a dispensation for the Church of Slontos and argue for ecclesiastical privileges based upon that (ie religious toleration and/or comprehension).

--Peter Metcalfe