Re: The third limb of the Two-legged Alliance

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_KOWuqZeSPDhYKwF693mTFubClyDbJyR1JDH2k2tRw7wGpyO8DCKtSMcZ7SCB>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:29:32 +0000 (GMT)

Interesting.

Was the Third limb of the Two-legged Alliance intended as a bit of a 'blank land'? Or as a mystery for the other two tribes, maybe tied to its own prophecy, for characters to solve in their own campaign?

To come back to an earlier question, to what extent do the Bolo Lizard People and/or the Ostrich Riders follow the traditional Waha/Eiritha animist religion of most other Praxian nomads? Keith's longer posting suggested that the Ostrich People at least were different (a Bird/Sun rune connection, and a semi-detached relationship with Eiritha), and I quite liked this idea

In a way I am not sorry that the idea that the Ostrich People (rather than their mounts, which I take to be ostriches/big ostriches) are  reptilian now seems to be out of favour. It would also create a further level of complexity to any myths, because birds are usually associated with Fire, but reptitles are usually associated with Earth.

Secondly it means we would need a new, reptilian, non-human race-- unless perhaps (i) the Ostrich People are really a community of (sundered?) Dragonewts, running round Prax on demi-birds-- possible I guess, but something I'd probably rather not do in my own Glorantha; or (ii) they are a remnant Genertelan population of Lascerdans (? a reptilian race that died out after warring with the Elder Races in Pamaltela during the Second Age).

On an unrelated note, other than it still involves Praxian religion, what kind of people (or non-humans) initiate into Daka Fal? (the Praxian great spirit whose shamans and spiriti-talkers allow Praxians to conduct ancestor worship) Do they stay in the tribe, or do they go their own way?

Richard Hayes