Re: The third limb of the Two-legged Alliance

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_3U67R4cl6n8HM6QyYpspq8i3IvFRezPJjCKDlfOzRabZQr_b7On0Ck0q6HMDLTD0>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:34:43 -0000

Richard Hayes :

> Was the Third limb of the Two-legged Alliance intended as a bit of a 'blank land'?

Pretty much so, I think.

> Secondly it means we would need a new, reptilian, non-human race--

My own conceit concerning these mystery folk is that they are the Velociraptor Tribe -- Raptors are avians not saurians btw ;)

I never really got round to fully conceptualising why nor how they would defy the Covenant, but both riders and mounts are carnivores in this conceit ; which would by the way explain their tiny numbers, dependent as they would be on hunting and hunting alone for their sustenance, as well as explaining why they are never mentioned in the sources -- because they are Taboo !!! <curse, spit>

I imagined both riders and mounts to be quite vicious and stupid by the way, which I suppose would have developed into local colour for their defiance of the Covenant, ie Waha punishing them to be half-people & half-beasts, instead of being either the one or the other. Very, VERY nasty curse on them, in other words... but it does mean the raptors themselves would be semi-intelligent, for a bit of extra game fun.

They would also have been a living example of what the Praxians would have become without the great bounty of Waha, and the wisdom of his Covenant -- impoverished, lonely, and "evil". They would be simultaneously feared, despised, and rejected ; as well as being good old bogeymen in the children's stories of the proper Tribes people (eat up your yoghurt like a good herd-daughter, or the raptors will come and eat you !!).

Julian Lord