Re: Nice or not-so-nice Esvulari ?

From: Jerome Blondel <jeromeblondel_at_sHLGCRm9q8VE4PTsLofV_M6cPk0NusHn4UmuXicEGWAE_xE32X9ZfnKw6Hf2R2>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:52:56 +0200

hcarteau_at_cO0lVhnEcNV6mUFMlBAiP5gt0g1e2NUHYKjh2tVGzVHNh693w-RjZQq5NgAGde7IlvOWKC9UqNs7Ym8.yahoo.invalid
> , but their "Talk First" approach does not mean that they embrace modern
> sensibilities.
> /// Yes, I absolutely agree. Talk is their duty, their magic, their religion.
> Doesn't mean they don't talk out of love of creation : they do talk to promote
> their interests. If they don't like what you answer, and are strong enough,
> they'll crusade you into the ground.

Diplomacy perhaps?

> They own slaves,
> /// Who doesn't ?

But the Esvulari always discuss with their slaves. "Are you ok? Is it not too harsh? I don't want you to revolt, you can ask if you want more bread."

> forbid sacrifices to the gods in their enclaves,
> /// They certainly should ! No pagan obcenities in good malkioni lands should be
> tolerated. Bad enough to have smelly pagans around !

Despite the smell, you can talk to them. "Don't you know soap has hygienic virtues? Look how we smell good, we wash everyday, and we brush our teeth."

> and will ally with distant empires to gain advantages over their neighbors.
> /// Again, whou wouldn't ? But to what "distant empires" are you referring ?

But they talk first before allying with them. "We are not certain that we agree with you about the invasion of Heortland. We need to have an assembly of the counts and dukes, and consult with the tribes."

Jerome Blondel