Esvulari of Cadvale

From: hcarteau_at_HVewxAc4LudeVnmvdPu6JH1TpFofxJew4ZCMkZekKjg66KtvXBIQPsoX4H6FK0_VCcv
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 23:18:50 +0200

> Hmmm....

The Sorcerers of Worlath, Humct, Ehilm and Taurox were all pretty tough
> characters in my game, they just seemed more gentle when compared to the
> Rokari around them.

/// Heck, even praxians would seem gentle compared to the rokari. Well, not praxians maybe. But Rikard the so-called tiger-hearted, renegade scion of House d'Estau, was a particularly repulsive bastard. I wonder if the lunars killed him or if he's rotting away in some lunar dungeon.

The Caldvale write up in Tradetalk painted them in a positive light, but not a twee way IMHO.
/// Yes, I loved the Cadvale community and its imbrication with the traditional hendreikei. Some members were pure malkioni, some were more-or-less successfully converted, other were closet orlanthi, etc. Even the Baron was kin with a group of wind daimons, the "Gwynn Thanes" if I remember well.

> One of the things Mark Galeotti and I envisaged was that the Esvulari
> were always loyal to the King, no matter who he was, if a new king came along
> they transferred their loyalty to them.
/// Interesting. You mean they HAVE to be loyal ? As in, magically bonded ?

Also in our games the Esvulari of Knightfort were feared by the Praxians and were notorious for their bloody treatment of the beast riders. /// And rightly so ! The only way the praxian understand is strength. If rokari could break a bison charge, the good Knights of Ehilm should be able to do the same.