Re: Rikard the HRESTOLI ???

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_2FYYfuIgo3FCMKKzYgIovoo309uw9BBSwDyh3e0rV6-4XMRX5SAoqm5uSvNFiDUV>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:33:23 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff said:

> Orlanthi, trolls, and Praxians are evil and vicious .....

To correct his grammar, it should surely be: "Orlanthi and trolls, and Praxians, are evil, and vicious, respectively ....." because, in answer to Trotsky's question: > if you need [someone nice] in your story, who *is* a good choice? we all know that Praxians are perfectly nice to everyone (except Outlanders, who deserve it).

Tonight, I'm playing a troll. She eats elf babies because she likes "salad." I'm sure those Sartarite hill barbarians think that the Lunars aren't just strange and foreign, they are offensive and violent. (After all, who gets offended by a little cattle raiding? It's all in good fun.) And I'm sure the Lunar lowlanders think that the Sartarites are woolly, unwashed, uncultured thugs. (But maybe they had no temples to raise them in their hairy religion, they would recognize that we are all us.)

So, nice is all in cultural perspective. The nicest person you are likely to meet is someone from so far away that you've never heard of them before. That's mostly because you won;t have any prejudices against them (like you have against your neighbors) and because they will be trying so hard not to offend anyone.

Chris