RE: Re: Nice Anybody?

From: hcarteau_at_fHplMjbLF9adjO14LqBeDr7mGLzXiK0J3pCY4JbgUHgKhiAQasMdzhmdQuxAV7KrfkD
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:58:07 +0200

Selon Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_RKS2Hwe3UbKj8k9UU9q4gFmYs34VenU3gv9lz20N8WRF1070Vi_7pAqs5KMcuTQHVhNWI_UqREJAO2sV_fqR.yahoo.invalid>:

> >Lhankor Mhy cult still have done their people a disservice. They could have
> _choosen_ to educate them (gotten a super education system going) instead of
> hoarding the information for themselves for their own self interest.
/// I agree with you, but their Magics is based on their Knowledge. If they spread it, they lose their magics - and political influence.

> A lot of Myth seems to been associated with places of power (The starting
> point of the LBQ - name escapes me).

/// Hill of Orlanth Victorious ?

> > Absolutely loyal to their kinfolk and their oaths,
> Great, that's 3 other warriors to help fight the Beryl Phalanx Regiment - At
> those odds it is almost going to be a fair fight. Heroic (& deluded) yes.
/// Excellent ! But s'pose each of these 3 is boosted to 10M3 ?

> >...Sartarite idea of the good life is to have lands and herds that can
> support you, your kin, your friends, and your supporters without the need
> for overlords you do not choose.
> That will help them against the crater makers.
/// Again, excellent ! You do sound a bit cynical. Let the hillbillies be hillbillies !

> No*** see ** Why do the Sartarites seem to hold the great history of the
> Orlanthi people, they moved away from the Heortland/Tarsh area and are just
> a group of new'ish tribes/clans, none (I suspect) with a long history back
> to the dawn.

/// They don't. The Heortlings of Heortland do.

> It just seems that the Glowline, Rokari Counties or Dara Happan City's would
provide better 'support' (+w's) than a collection of sartarite hillbillies - maybe their moonshine works like PCP or Getafix's magic potion? /// I have a theory : it's because their communities support them volontarly, out of their own choice. It makes their magics much more powerful than press-ganged rokari serfs or lodrili peasants. It has a better, stronger "kick".

> * Did the Wintertop Shaker Temple exist prior to the Dragon kill or is it
> 'new', never could work this out...

/// I thinnk it's been there long before the Dragons. It's were Maran walked the earth, or something like that.

> ** The Dragonkill + Dragonewt purging of all things EWF, erased all human
> life from the Cross line north up to the Dragonspine Ridge that runs to the
> Rockwoods right?

///All the way up to the Deathline, north of Tarsh, which Arim the Pauper was the first to dare to cross.