Re: Nice or not-so-nice Esvulari ?

From: Tim <tim_at_YjHEK15QWcOUTV164EL7ZI7t5QsVP-LDk0v_clcl1RkqE-M2_lUvm74Lj9r21-06W4bsM_24>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:18:12 -0000

I'm not sure that was the (intended) message. I think Jeff (and others) were pointing out ways in which the Esvulari might not be the "cute hobbit analogues" rather than claiming them to be a particularly poor choice.

I'm not sure there is necessarily a "Nice sweet" Gloranthan culture, because if you dig deep enough, you will always be able to find something unpleasant - just as by by applying the appropriate amount of cultural relativism and spin you can make most of the (non-chaotic) races appear to be the "Good Guys" for the purposes of your story... (OK, the Vadeli might be a bit of a push too...)